Monday, February 23, 2009

type in motion

Watching without and then with sound changed a whole lot. The first one was in german I think and when I watched it with sound I was really caught off guard because i wasn't expecting the ridiculous sounds that came from it. It was interesting. I think a lot of the youtube videos have really simliar transitions. A lot of them fade in word by word or by letter. The other type I was seeing was some flying in from behind the camera, so to speak.
One of my favorite ones was the one with the definitions. I liked what was going on with the type, it was a little different then a lot of them. The curved line helped create that illusion that you were traveling forward and the words kind of jumped out at you. I think the music choice was really fitting as well, and catchy. It puts you in a creppy kind of mood. I also liked the one with the cube and the hand throwing it because it added a little different aspect into it than just the type. It kept it interesting. It was more of an uplifting, thoughtful mood. Getting you to ponder the possibilities and I think kind of examine life. The flower one was......different. It was interesting though, flowers and trees and things growing up out of letters. Then spontaneously switching it to letters forming buildings and more commercial things. It keeps you paying attention I guess. And the transitions and such were also different because you're not reading anything, they're just forms.

No comments: